Anatomy forms the basis for the practice of medicine. Anatomy leads the physician towards an understanding of a patient's disease whether he/she is carrying out a physical examination or using a most advance imaging techniques.
Department of Anatomy was established in the year 1986 under Sri DevarajUrs Medical College, a constituent college of Sri DevarajUrs Academy of Higher Education & Research. Our faculties are actively involved in educating the students to reach the educational objectives. The staff is exposed for additional training like medical education, evaluation processes, self-study, analysis based on feedback,application of teaching learning media like computer etc. our faculty is also involved actively in research work and publications.
To be a department providing quality based medical education and conducting research in the field of anatomy and enabling students to develop an attitude for continued self- learning for global competition.
To provide high quality teaching of anatomy to Medical & paramedical students to induce basic research in an intellectual environment encouraging a sense of reasoning.
1. Well equipped with Histology laboratory, 3 Demonstration rooms and Dissection hall, Research lab as per MCI regulation for undergraduate and postgraduate
2. A well ventilated, spacious well maintained, Dissection Hall which can accommodate 200 students to do dissection at a time. A small library is attached
to the dissection hall for team based learning. Computers are provided in dissection hall forE-Learning.
3. A well ventilated, fully equipped Histology Laboratory which can accommodate 90 students to do practicals at a time. It is also equipped with modern
binocular microscopes, dissection microscopes. Each student is provided with one microscope and slides during practicals. Computer is provided in histology
lab forE- Learning.
4. A well-equipped research Lab for staff - Histology laboratory, Anthropometry sections are the main highlights of the research laboratory.
Cadaver embalming and storing facility.
5. A section Library Cum Seminar room. Seminars and group discussions are being regularly conducted. Library is having more than 300 Books and Journals.
6. Department is also equipped with computer and internet connections.
7. Lecture gallery with modern teaching Aids like LCD projector with White board software teaching facility which can accommodate more than 200 students at
A well-equipped Museum
1. Dry specimens, Individual and Articulated bones.
2. Wet specimens - Dissected parts of different regions of human body.
3. Foetuses of different gestational age and dysmorphism.