The department of Dermatology is a post-graduate teaching department since 1998 and presently headed by Dr.Rajashekar.T.S. The department caters specialized care in cutaneous diseases to the rural population of Kolar and surrounding districts. Department is also actively engaged in both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and pursuing research and publication activities. The Department has subspeciality clinics viz. STD, Leprosy, Contact dermatitis and Pigmentary clinics and has procured equipments for various dermatosurgical and cosmetic care procedures
VISION, MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
To become a centre of excellence in clinical dermatology, research and training for the region.
To advance meaningful knowledge of the skin disorders, STD’s and Leprosy through exemplary patient care and excellence in education and research
1. To provide comprehensive care of all Skin Diseases, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) and Leprosy
2. To improve patient involvement and participation in the management of their diseases through health education and counseling
3. To train, upgrade the knowledge and expertise of students, paramedics, medical officers and specialists in Skin, STI and Leprosy.
4. Capitalize on new learning technologies
5. To develop sub-specialty clinics like Pigmentary, Contact dermatitis and Pediatric dermatology.
HEADS OF DEPARTMENT
List of Heads of Department of Dermatology till date
1. Treatment of all types of Skin, hair and Nail disorders.
2. Treatment of sexually transmitted diseases and Leprosy
3. Radiofrequency ablation
6. Dermatosurgery- Vitiligo surgery, Acne scar surgery, other minor OT procedures
8. Chemical Peels